Thread: Be prepared
View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 17, 2009, 11:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuggBob View Post
No Wade, my indicator got jacked; all I got is a bruise on my thumb and the inability to use my left thumb on the space bar for a few days.

Update: I had that same pitcher/catcher again last night. They nuked the nads twice in a row (thank you nutty buddy), and spun my mask on my head once and then another cup check. That’s right four pitches four hits on the ump (you sunk my battleship!). The problem is after getting hit so many times, you start to question your positioning and then when that doesn’t fix the hitting issue you start to jerk and flinch.

I know I missed a few pitches because of jerking and flinching, including one of the most perfect inside pitches thrown by this pitcher, but since that pitch was untouched by the catcher and performed an important community service of checking my cup (cup was fine, one of the twins was a bit shaken up by the closeness of the ball) I called it a ball. Coach was very understanding, he told the catcher to do a better job. Must have worked because I only got hit by that team two more times all game long, a remarkable improvement over the first inning.
Probably TMI, but my balls hurt just from READING this.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.