View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 16, 2009, 12:34am
Official Forum Member

txfp blue recourse thread reminded me of this coach...

So we are officiating a 14 under accelerated tournament. There is this obvious rec team playing with the big girls. No big deal usually. However there coach was the funniest piece of work ever. First inning a ball tailing down the third base line from a left handed batter lands 6-7feet foul. "time blue. (He comes into talk to me) the ball was in the air in fair territory as it went past third." I say yeah so? "Then we have a fair ball" I say ??? but coach it never once landed in fair territory so it is a foul ball. "That doesn't matter talk to your partner" I say coach it's a foul ball lets play. Later in the at bat the girl bunts a third strike foul while running through the box. I call her out. "time blue (oh no here we go again) she was slapping ask your partner for help" I'm thinking no but... hey this one I might of missed something so I will ask my partner if he saw anything different. He confirms bunt and I call her out. "Hold on, if she is running through the batters box it is a slap not a bunt." No coach there must be a swing to be a slap. "Well, I taught her to slap that way" what could I say? (a lot..starting with "I bet you did...doesn't surprise me etc" but not appropriate nor respectful) so I simply say shes out let's play ball.