View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 15, 2009, 02:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFan7 View Post
Due to crew substitutions I will white hat one varsity game this year. I am VERY excited.

I've R'd several JV games but never on Friday night. I've read the manuals, etc., what else do I need to know or watch out for?
First, it's good that you're excited and butterflies are perfectly natural. More than likely, these varsity players are a lot better schooled than the JV players you've worked with. They're still kids, but will likely make fewer "odd" mistakes.

As suggested above, trust the guys you're working with and believe in them. You've earned your way to being there, so behave like you belong. Hustle, but don't hurry and just observe what you see.

It's good to remember that at any time you choose, you can stop everything and review any questions you may have with any, or all, of your crew mates and nobody on the planet will have any idea what you might be talking about.

Be respectful to everybody and don't raise your voice in any discussions you may have - no matter what, you will decide who gets to have the last word.

Congratulations and good luck.