View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 15, 2009, 01:13pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcichon View Post
After watching Buck drool over himself interviewing barak, I had to change the station. I was so disgusted with these oafs. And why do I want to watch the president make stupid during the All Star Game? Oh yeah, I didn't.

I sent Fox hate emails on that one. Purely disgusted! More than the usual knowing McCarver's and Buck's ignorance level is already pegging the meter!

JMHO

P.S.: sorry for the hijack....
What was particularly disgusting was the interview of Joe Buck right in the middle of Adrian Gonzalez during the Home Run Derby.

Instead of giving the respect due Gonzalez while he is batting and focusing on him, ESPN decided to force Chris Berman, and the always obnoxious Joe Morgan to ask the most inane, repetitious questions of Joe Buck. They did the obligatory questions about Jack Buck, and of course Morgan chimes in with "I remember working for your daddy....." Puleeze!!! Meanwhile, they briefly cut back to see how Adrian is doing in between questions and then it's, "oh Adrian Gozalez has 9 outs and 2 HR, oh that's the 10th out, and he's out..." They did not disrespect any other participant in this fashion. They gave Fielder, Pujols, Howard and everyone else their full attention. Nobody gave interviews in the middle of their time batting.

Why ESPN chose that particular time for a shameless attempt for ratings with a Joe Buck interview is beyond me. I was absolutely furious, as were many other San Diegans, as is evident by all the criticism leveled at ESPN on the local sports talk radio shows. Just unbelievable disrespect.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25