View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 13, 2009, 02:08pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo...blue... View Post
I've umpired 1,000's of games. From LL to Professional (Indy). Many guys on this forum know who I am, but it might take some time for them to figure it out.
So...what am I, some rook? 3,400 enough for you? I think I've been around enough to have seen some balls hit in the dirt and settle on the plate. Especially here where there is so much loose dirt/sand/silt around the plate at some parks, where the ball hits the ground and stops.

Quote:
I've never seen a baseball completely settle on top of the plate. I guess my catchers are just smarter than your's in my neck-o-the-woods.
Yeah, smarter than where the majority of major league ball players come from.

Quote:
Or maybe my plates are sloped...rolling towards the infield perhaps.
Our plates are level.

Quote:
Washburn wrote something incorrectly in his post, and I called him on it. My apologies if you find my sarcasm offensive. I didn't think umpires could have their feelings hurt so easily.
I am a master of sarcasm myself, but you weren't being sarcastic. Perhaps you should mix in a dictionary.

And it wasn't our feelings that were hurt, it was just that it seemed so ridiculous to nitpick about his wording in his own story. He didn't post the story for a grammar lesson. That, and pointing out spelling errors are two very bad things to do on a forum.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25