View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 12, 2009, 09:43pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggravy View Post
Don't remember what inning, R1 slides into second well toward the outfield side of the bag to break up DP. He slides with his left hand down and his right hand high in the air. He is looking toward F4 when he puts his right hand up and the throw to F3 goes directly into R1's upstretched hand. After the contact he slides not on the bag, but to the outfield side of the bag. he is close enough however to roll over and reach the bag with his right hand. I am not an OBR expert, so where is the line between a legal slide and obstruction?
First, it would be interference, not obstruction and second, unless he actually intentionally touched the ball when he reached for it, it sounds like a legal slide to me. I was watching the Futures game at the time, so I didn't see it.

Quote:
In the 9th inning, F1 (Marshall) is moved to F7 to bring in RHP F1 to pitch to one batter. After that batter is retired, F7 is brought back in to pitch. Is he treated as a new pitcher? Does he get warm up pitches again? What if he pitched as was moved to F7 in the 8th inning, then brought back in to pitch in the 9th? Does that change anything? Also, when he is brought back in from F7 does he need to pitch to one batter before being replaced, or does his previous pitching allow him to be replaced if a pinch hitter is announced?

Rule 3.03 Comment: A pitcher may change to another position only once during the same inning; e.g. the pitcher will not be allowed to assume a position other than a pitcher more than once in the same inning.

Any player other than a pitcher substituted for an injured player shall be allowed five warm-up throws. (See Rule 8.03 for pitchers.)

Yes, he must again face one batter who must reach base or be retired before being replaced (except for injury.)

Quote:
Clear as mud? And no I am not a jock sniffer.
Oh, sure!
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25

Last edited by SanDiegoSteve; Sun Jul 12, 2009 at 09:47pm. Reason: correction