View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 10, 2009, 11:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
B13U AAU.

About 30 seconds into the game, B1 is taking the ball down court for the first time. TWEEEET!!!!! My partner (L) blows his whistle and I mean there is really no action going on. Me (T) ->

I go to his end of the court and there is white powder all over the floor....and the floor is mighty slippery!! This is the second game of the night and this powder certainly wasn't there the first game!

It turns out its talcum powder. And now we discover it on another part of the floor!!! COACH, bring a towel!

Me - who's got powder on?!

All players give the deer in the headlights look.

One kid says, "Ref, I think it's me." You think? You don't know if you're leaking powder all over the floor? C'mon!

Took us a few minutes to clean the floor.......and hose the kid down! Sheesh!
Actually had that at a local HS BV game this year. Home fans wanted to imitate LeBron and tossed white powder which caused a huge cloud and left remnants all over one-half of the court. Even after sweeping there was still residue on that end for the first half until a halftime re-cleaning took care of the problem. Visitors complained it hampered their offense in the first half because they couldn't cut quickly to the basket and they got down by a good margin. Second half comeback wasn't enough to completely overcome the deficit. Lots of talk about protesting the game but I don't believe anything came of it.