View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 09, 2009, 03:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Refner View Post
NF rules. I know we've discussed threads about a defender reaching over the boundary on a throw-in. I've been told that if they reach over, and in a "continuous action" slap the ball, you call the T, and that's how I call it.

What if this happens - A1 to inbound on spot throw-in. B1 reaches over trying to slap the ball. A1 moves the ball around so B1 can't slap it. You start to blow your whistle for the violation when suddenly [B1] hits the ball. Should you go with the call you were originally (and correctly) going to make - a violation, or should you "change" your call (remember, you haven't said anything yet) and call the T?
The ball was dead when you observed and recognized that B1 committed a delay of game violation had been committed...even if you were just starting to blow the whistle. Hitting the ball after that point is nothing...it is no longer during a throwin and there is no rule about hitting a dead ball (unless you consider it unsportsmanlike in some way). If you had not already decided that the violation had occurred, the ball was not dead and you have a T.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Thu Jul 09, 2009 at 03:54pm.