View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 06, 2009, 01:25pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
I just don't chew gum because I personally don't think it looks professional (that's just me). And I know that if I did it once on the court, one of my evaluators would see it and say don't do it - and that would be that.

When I was in the military you couldn't part your hair in the middle, have a mustache, have a blocked haircut, smoke Kool cigarettes, or drink grape soda. Why - perception (some of you will know what I'm talking about). Was it written anywhere? No. Those were "the rules." And, if you wanted to "get ahead" or atleast remain, you played by "the rules."

Many yrs back if you worked for a certain large IT company, everyone wore a dark/blue suit and white shirt every day. Those were "the rules." I have been at offices where if you worked for certain companies and left your cubicle, you had to put on your jacket. While the person next to you from a different company wore dockers and a golf shirt. Those were "the rules."

As was just stated - "to do or not to do?" We've discussed flags on uniforms, facail hair, tatoos, etc. on the Forum which is all great stuff. Sometimes, you live and learn. Sometimes, you cooperate and graduate. Sometimes, you stand and fight for your beliefs. One needs to pick and choose one's battles, understand the ramifications, and do what they feel is best.

Off soap box.