View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 30, 2002, 08:57pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
In Oregon, OSAA requires background checks. They get them "in bulk" fairly cheap I think, but we each pay for our own, out of our association membership.

I don't have a problem with it, it's just part of the current landscape in our society. It will be a sad day, when we are all required to take drug tests.
How much do they run? Word around here is that a background
check to comply with the proposed NY law will run $75 to $100, including the fingerprints.
If I remember correctly, it's only $14, and you only have to do it for one sport per year. So I had one run for volleyball, and I paid $14 less for my basketball "dues" because I didn't need another check.

At the non-profit where I volunteer, all emloyees and volunteers are required to have all the different backbround checks, local, state and federal. This process includes fingerprinting. The agency pays for employees, volunteers pay for themselves, and then are reimbursed after they have "worked" for six months. It costs pretty close to $100 for the whole works. A few volunteers have balked, but not many.