View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 03, 2009, 12:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejt View Post
Well, maybe.

MLB is in the entertainment business, like it or not. It's a show. If part of that show isn't working, you may want to rethink it.

In a pure sense MLB would be evaluating umpires, and have the best product on the field every year. Obviously that doesn't happen. These guys have become like line workers at a GM plant. Complacent.

Look, I get why these guys don't want to leave these gigs. The money is FINALLY worth it, and they've got nothing else to fall back on. They're not like NFL officials, who actually have other jobs. This is all they know. They've given up a good hunk of their lives to get there, and don't want that paycheck to end. I get it. There just should be a better way, as these guys hang around far too long.

Kylejt.. how many calls do you miss a yrs?.... Im sure more than 2.. The guy misses a call and all of a sudden he should be fired?... Ok next time you miss a call, can we fire you?...