View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 26, 2009, 08:46pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg08 View Post
Okay guys this question was posed to me. I want to see how others are reading this question as well as your explanation. Please read the scenario and offer your thoughts based upon the FED re-entry/DH rule.

Here is the word-for-word question that was posed to me.

Player A is DH'ing for player B in the starting lineup. During the game Player A gets on base and Player B gets put in to pinch run for Player A. Legal substitution, the DH spot is lost and Player B now is the in the batting order in that spot. Later in the game that spot comes up again, Player A using his re-entry comes into bat and player B is out of the game. Player A gets on base again. Can player B use his re-entry to come back and pinch run again since he has not used the re-entry he gets since he was a starter in the field? Of course player A would be done for the game at this point but player B would remain in the game in that lineup spot.

Thanks for your help fellas!
When a team is batting a DH, always consider that there are (FED) 10 starters in the line up. Two of them are locked into one position in the batting order.