View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 27, 2002, 11:39am
Official Forum Member

Stupid Ejection

I am working the Class A Mens State losers bracket....When you lose, your season is over....See you next year.

I've got the bases and the HOME team is winning 6-2 bottom of 6(This fact is important). The HOME team 1st basemen hits a shot that bounces over a temp fence that the centerfielder was laying on.

I glance back at the plate and he is signaling Ground Rule Double. I agree and tell the player "Hey Ground Rule Double stay at 2nd please". Remember his team is WINNING 6-2 bottom of 6.

His face gets beat red and screams at the top of his lungs "Your F@#(*$&(*& @#(&$ #*&$ Kidding me". Needless to say he gets the BIG heave ho. Next thing I know I have the other manager yipping in my ear and jumping up and down like a overly hyper miniture poodle(Nothing against poodles, we own 2).

To make a long story short, the home team was out of players. You can not finish with 8 after an ejection. The home team who was 3 outs away from advancing had to forfeit. To bad, see you next year.

The cool thing was that not one player on the losing team said anything to me.....They were to pissed at their teammate.