View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 27, 2002, 12:11am
Official Forum Member

Not really an ejection....but 2 funny stories

Here we go....Mens Class A Fastpitch.....4th of July Tournament. The wife has the bases on a 3 person crew, I am in the stands watching. A fairly good game, between 2 hot headed, whining, complain about everything teams. The wife has a cluster in front of her that goes against team a.

Team A's manager, whom we know quite well, comes running out on the field. I watch him do the head bob thing and he is hot. I watch my wife give him "The Look" and I am think "Oh Yeah....She's gonna jack him".

Anyway, I see her say something to the manager, watched his face lose all expression, and he turns and sprints off the field.

After the game, I asked what she said. She replied "Coach, I am going to give you the count of 5 to get off my diamond......I'm starting at 4."

2nd story.....

We are both working a fall college tournament when a Jr. College Coach earns an ejection from the wife.

Later that day, the same coach starts to get in my face. Finally, as he loses breath, I said...."Coach, did you enjoy the view from the parking lot this morning?". He said "How did you know about that?", I replied "Well my WIFE mentioned in passing that she threw a you out this morning and I thought that maybe you enjoyed that view."

The coach then replied "That was your wife???" and I said "Yes, I would advise you to return to your dugout and keep quite. We tend to react the same way to situations".

He put his head down, walked to the dugout and didn't say anything else the rest of the game.

Later during the day, our assigner said to this coach"I heard you had some trouble with my umpires". The coach said "Yes....I lost....No doubt who was in charge of these games....You need to warn us about husband and wife combinations...That was not fair!!!!". Our assigner walks off smiling