View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 19, 2009, 10:10am

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcg NC2Ablu View Post
I disagree with saying the scissors offers an unprecidented view of the zone. I think that for taller guys that stance is more suitable. I (being 5' 10") use the GD because it puts me in the best possible place to view the zone. To say one is better than the other unequivically is close minded. I am not you and you are not me so what works for you may not be for me. My zone blew when I tried the scissors. Now however I am locked in. As for getting hit. I havent got hit very much at all and yes I do work the slot.
Okay, then. I guess I have to break it down for each and every person on the forum. I should have said me instead of you (a generic you, not you personally). It gives me and unprecidented view of the entire strike zone. Your mileage may vary.

Now, here is exactly what I said, speaking just for myself:

The scissors suit my style and I look and feel sharper, and much more confident behind the plate.

Uh, the scissors or taint lock you in just fine, and is, at least to me, much more relaxing and effortless than any other stance.

I take shots mostly on the forearms, wrists and elbows (rarely does it hit the gear), which is why I like the scissors better...

As you can plainly see, I was referring to myself and my preferences, and not speaking for other people. If the GD works for you, God bless you and have fun with it! It just isn't the stance for me. I was a big Tommy Hallion, Steve Rippley and Ed Rapuano fan back in the day, and patterned my scissors stance after them. And yes, I know they no longer use the scissors, but I still prefer it.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25

Last edited by SanDiegoSteve; Fri Jun 19, 2009 at 11:50am.