Thread: A.D. problems
View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 17, 2009, 12:11pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaMike View Post
I had a freshman doubleheader today. Rain came in the 2nd inning and I suspended play in the bottom of the third because it was getting too wet and the pitcher was starting to have footing issues. Anyway, the field was still salvageable if the rain stopped soon, so of course I decided to wait for awhile to see what happened. The Athletic Director for the home school was there (which almost never happens), and he came up to me as the players were coming off the field and told me that he was calling the game.
Technically the AD cannot call the game so you simply go over to both coaches and say "game is called due to unplayable conditions" - end of story

You get paid a FULL game Fee so I really do not understand your problem.
Here you get to go home early and now you want to get into a pi***** match with AD.

Not good for your HS career.

I had a situation similar to another poster in that the game started at 4:30 PM. around 5:45 the HC comes over to me and says Pete we have the field until 6 PM and then we have to leave. I said you mean no new inning shall start to which he replied NO 6 PM Drop Dead Time no matter where we are. It was not a good varsity school so I was doing the game solo ( I know most varsity games always have 2 but believe me when I tell you this team was that bad)

6 PM the game stops and I go home a Fee and 1/2 richer after 1hr. 30 minutes work.

It will even out so when you get a chance to go home early - take it. No sense in getting into a pi***** match with an AD and in your case it made absolutely no sense.

Pete Booth