View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 15, 2009, 09:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Duck View Post
I have never attended the Dallas Chapter camp, but have attended North Texas' camp...pretty good camp but if you live in the Dallas area it is a fairly long drive as it is near Denton.

The Fort Worth Chapter also has a camp the weekend after Labor Day and will be closer. Very reasonably priced and a good camp. I recommend you attend a couple so you can get down the "Texas Exceptions".

I dont know the part of "Dallas" you are moving into or the area in which you will be working at your real job...but if you send me an email I can let you know which chapter(s) you may want to consider. While traffic is not a disaster, with three chapters in the area the coverage area gets odd. While you live in the Dallas chapter area, schools in the area of you employment may be serviced by Ft Worth of North Texas. Besides, many people say they are in "Dallas" when they are actually in one of two dozen cities that make up the Metroplex. :-) I also can give you the email address of the administrative secretary/treasurer of all three chapters so you can get the transfer process started.
I'm working at Love Field and living in the Carrollton area, but have a Dallas mailing address...so pretty much near North Dallas. I looked at the DBOA coverage map and I could get anywhere pretty easily (depending on traffic) as I get out of work at 4pm usually.