View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 15, 2009, 09:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
yes it is.

Smitty, if you're actually living in Dallas, DBOA is where you should go. If you're living north of Dallas, the North Texas Chapter is the one. Both chapters have camps this summer that would help you get some contacts (I, unfortunately, can't help you with the east side of the Metroplex).
Welcome to the D/FW, LOTS of good basketball being played here, the area was represented very well at the state tournament.

I just sent in my dues for the DBOA. I've been communicating with Harry and Donna, so I've got the ball rolling. I registered for a 3-man camp this weekend but I haven't heard from them, so I'm not sure if I got in. I didn't realize I had to be a member of the association just to attend the camp, so that might screw it up. I have to call the guy running the camp to see if I'm in or not. Need to learn me some 3-man mechanics.

I'm looking forward to working in a big city again. Should be a lot of fun, once I pay my dues and work my way up. This is association #6 for me, so I know how it goes to start over again as a transfer.

Any contacts for summer ball you can give me would be greatly appreciated. You can PM me if you don't want to post contact info publicly. Best thing would be 2-man ball right now since I can jump right in.