View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 12, 2009, 01:29pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwashburn View Post
Thank you, Einstein.

Enjoy being on the side of the lazy turd-Cell Phone McGhee who couldn't care less whether he did a good job.

I prefer to use my brain.

I am a rat in your definition-a coach who does not try to make lousy umpires look good.

In my fifteen+ years of umpiring I do not recall anyone telling me it was my job to make lousy coaches look good-whether they were new or not.
I am starting to wonder if you have any clue, myself. Maybe you're just a lousy coach who's a bit too fixated on the fact the guy had a cell phone on the field with him. And you've referred to him as "Cell Phone McGhee" so many times there's no doubt you're fixated on that.

I've seen college umpires work summer rec programs and take phones with them and make and take calls between innings. Frankly, life's too short to care about crap like that.

It's a 9U game. It's supply and demand. If you could get better for $37.50, you'd have them already. The choices are simple: Accept what you have, pay more, or entice better people to do the job. I'd do it for $50 as long as there were 2 games and it was less than 10 miles from my house (but I would have no tolerance of rats).