View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 09, 2009, 09:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by parepat View Post
Some background.

This was a 2 point try play for the home team in which the visitors held a 1 point advantage. The L never came into frame. He was not holding a spot or otherwise participating in the aftermath. The LJ later told me that he did not have a spot and that when you see him leaning in, he is telling the Umpire that "I didn't see it". Why he is hold a "phantom spot" was a mystery to him. The backjudge never says a word throughout the fiasco. He did not tell any of his fellow officials that the ball ended up in the endzone. In fact during the video the BJ is actually in front of the ball carrier when he gets up. As far as the referee, he told me that as time went on he felt he had to make a call. In my opinion, this video is a perfect example of how not to deal with a chaotic situation. All could have been avoided if the officials got together and sorted out this mess.
That was a cluster@#%$...

Where is the R? He needs to be in there getting HIS crew together and asking pertinent, relevant questions to each of crew members so they can come to some sort of consensus and sell a call. He left them hung out to dry by standing in the backfield twiddling his thumbs while they all looked at each other.

The LJ had nothing else to do but hold the spot he had until his partners came in and saved his behind. He didn't see it and was at the mercy of his partners and not a single one came in to help him out (one way or the other). If I were him I'd never take the field with this crew again.