View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 04, 2009, 05:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
I have lived and officiated boys'/girls' H.S. and women's college basketball in both Miami and Los Angeles, and in my games, the "blockee" would be gone. Why? There is NEVER (with apologies to the late J. Dallas Shirley) any excuse for one not conducting herself/himself as a lady/gentleman. It is crass and boorish behavior at the very least. If they want to do that on the playground that is their business but not in an organized game at the high school or college level.

MTD, Sr.
Quote:
I'm reffing a HS basketball Boys Varsity. Both schools are urban schools. Visitor player blocks Home players shot OOB. I'm watching the kids.

kid whose shot was just blocked " he!! ni**er you couldn't do that again if I let you.
Blocker : Laughs: then they do a handshake thing and play on.
In context there was nothing going on but 2 kids doing their thing. Out of context we got racial slurs, taunting and whatever else you need to grab out of said Sitch.

I let the kids do their thing. So it may be a had to be there thing.
Thank you for making my point. Different cultures, different reaction to the same event.

Part of the problem with this country is the lack of intelligence in understanding we ain't all the same. While some may take tolerance to an extreme absurdity, others believe their way is the only way and everyone should conform to them.

In the infamous words of Frank Burns: Individuality is fine, as long as we all do it together.

Far too many Frank Burns in this world.