Thread: Ejs!
View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 01, 2009, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
This whole view of "the catcher didn't catch it right" is interesting, but I'm not passing on a pitch that's clearly a strike regardless. The way I use the catcher is if the pitch is borderline and I need the catcher's presentation and he botches it, then it's a ball. But just cause the catcher reaches back over the plate? Strike all day. HS, NCAA, whatever.
My comment was not about if the catcher catches it right or not. That is a personal preference for each umpire to decide.

My comment was about how he is passing judgment on a pitch he did not see. Nor, was he the umpire behind the plate to call his own zone. Want to comment on something like that, then take that umpire's games and call your own zone. And, about something which is unique to that umpire only, his strike zone. And, if the umpire says it is a ball, then it is a ball no matter where it is. That was all my comment was.

Don't comment on something which cannot be commented on. That begins to sound like what the Rats do.