View Single Post
Old Fri May 29, 2009, 08:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWH View Post
That is my take on the interpretation of this rule clarification.
We as you, always held the start of the 3:00 clock until both teams were on the field. This is no longer correct as per the 2009 Rules Book. Again, as per Table 3-1: The game officials are responsible for ensuing that these is a three-minute warm-up period posted on the clock and the clock immediately started for use by the coaches immediately after the halftime intermission expires. The head coach is responsible for his team being on the field for mandatoy warm-up period at the end of the scheduled intermission.
I never saw the point in holding the clock in 2008 or any other prior year for that matter (other than the big bad liability "boogie-man" of which some are so afraid). The 2008 rule book said:

(The game officials are responsible for ensuring that there is a three-minute warm-up period posted on the clock for use by the coaches immediately after the halftime intermission expires. The head coach is responsible for his team being on the field for mandatory warm-up time at the end of the scheduled halftime intermission.)

Even though the words "and the clock immediately started" didn't appear, the intent was clear as day. The officials are responsible for posting and running the clock. The coach(es) are responsible for having the team on the field for the warm up period. I guess the new wording is nice as I won't have to have the silly argument anymore (online or off).