View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 21, 2002, 03:32pm
Do not give a damn!!

Question What is wrong with that?

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy
Hard to comment on what the winning team did or didn't do without seeing the game. But this does bring another question to my mind:

Why is a team that has not won a game all season in the playoffs?

I know that some states let everybody in, but I do not agree with this philosophy. Why bother with a season if everybody goes to the playoffs? I know that somebody will cite the "Hoosiers" example, but realistically, how often does this happen?

Just my opinion.....

This is not the pros. Most College allows everyone to play in their Post-Season Tournament. Before anyone says anything, the Big East keeps out the bottom two teams. Win the Tournmament you have a bid. This is HS and participation is very important here. Everyone should play and prove that you belong. In Illinois we have a regional system which takes everyone in the playoffs. They rank the teams and then they play. Hardly ever does a team with a record like this every get past the first game. I cannot speak for other states, but we have over 700 schools in the state. Maybe only 10 do not participate in the IHSA Tournament at the end of the year. I think it is good for the kids. This might be the last time they ever play another game at a competitive level. Afterall, this is for them.

Peace