View Single Post
Old Tue May 26, 2009, 08:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jicecone View Post
Wow, youse must be one of doze superumps. You can even officiate games haveing never even seen em. Amazing. Not too good at reading though.

"(when it is necessary)".

...snip...

And all I have been saying all along here is WHEN the obvious happens during a game , do your job and MAKE THE DANG CALL.
I guess I just suck, then. All I've been trying to say is there wasn't a call to be made, as I don't see the 'obviousness' you're mentioning, and I'm not alone, from what I've looked back and read. (Even though reading is apparently not in my skill set, either.)

I will certainly agree with the general statement: WHEN something happens, make a call. That's a "no s---" one, there.

What I've been trying to get across is, in MY opinion - but remember, I suck - this is NOT one of those times. A couple posts ago, you said:
Quote:
how about the umpire stated that he determined what the intent of the runners was, to get the pitcher to balk.
My point: that umpire was wrong. Sure, he made a call when he saw an 'obvious' rule violation; good for him, and good for his convictions. But he saw a 'rule violation' that wasn't there. So he's wrong.

And sorry that I'm "officiating games having never seen em." Maybe your brilliant discourse has confused me, but when we talk about games and situations in an Internet forum, and say "what we had," isn't that the friggin' point?? - officiating something we weren't there for?