Thread: Multiple Foul ?
View Single Post
Old Tue May 26, 2009, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

Multiple Foul ?

This situation comes from a friend of mine:

I'm trail, A1 attempts a 3 point shot and B1 fouls him before A1 returns to the floor and the shot went in. At the same time, my partner has a whistle on A2 fouling B2 in the post, the whistles were so close together, we determined they came at the same time. We got together and determined we had 2 fouls to record in the book. One on A2 and one on B1. Ok, no problem. We reported the 2 fouls, informed the coaches of what happened, then inbounded the ball on the endline using the AP arrow for resumption of play, telling the scorer to change the arrow direction after the ball has been inbounded.

In thinking it over, should we have put A1 on the line since he was fouled in the act of shooting, and resumption of play would have been after the foul shot?

What if team B was in the bonus at the time? Should we have cleared the lane, shoot A1 foul shot, go to the other end, clear the lane and let B shoot the 1 and 1, then go to the AP arrow, or vice versa?

Should we have awarded any free throws at all? The coaches didn't say a thing, but I don't think we handled it correctly......thoughts?