View Single Post
Old Fri May 22, 2009, 11:16am
Ch1town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Official View Post
In a 2 person crew:

#1. My question is do you guys/gals follow this mechanic on a jump ball? I am not sure if I've ever seen that done here in Texas. In virtually all cases I see the R take the Trail position regardless of possession gained in Team's Front or Backcourt.

#2. Question: Since the players were moved up one space for the 08-09 season, is this coverage still valid? What is the correct coverage if it's not?

#3. Question: I believe that I was told that the Lead should only signal that the attempted shot is a 3 point attempt --Not signal if the basket is good. I was told the Trail should pick up the attempt and signal if the basket is good. What is the correct mechanic for the Lead?
1. I think the only answer here is, it all depends. Say the ball is tipped deep into the b/c along the tableside sideline with a trap on. Do we really expect the R to stay on the circle until it's cleared, then hustle way over there to see if the player is OOB?? Pre-game is critical!

2. Yes, but we're IAABO (check your local listings)

3. I was told that too, but I think the manual says how it should be done. Now that i think about it, it sounds as if the person(s) spreading those half-truths are mixing up 3 person transition coverage & 2 person mechanics.

Last edited by Ch1town; Fri May 22, 2009 at 11:19am.