View Single Post
Old Wed May 20, 2009, 02:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jicecone View Post
I will check my books when I get home but I suspect that I will not find a rule that specifically says the umpire has authority to end a game because a fight took place or because he feels like it.

Also, ejecting players in order to not have enough and actually having the authority to end the game are two different things. And a good umpire would certainly not resort to this to begin with.
I see the rule Bob referenced, but unlike basketball I would not penalize unless someone actually made contact with someone.

The reason is that you might not have enough players to play.

The coaches bear the brunt of the players actions, thus why the state should suspend them or put them on probation along with their teams.

If this was a playoff game, there would probably be state representation at the game thus they would be able to handle it at the site.

Don't know where this was, but I don't see that happening in our area. We have some incredible rivalries, and some great games, but I've never had a problem with kids leaving the bench, even when there was a dirty play or two players jawing etc,.

Our coaches just handle the players very well. Now summer league, anything goes ... (g).

Thanks
David