View Single Post
Old Tue May 19, 2009, 12:59pm
Official Forum Member

Post Script to: "I played pro ball! Did you play pro ball?"

After never throwing a coach out of a game, I had a major incident last week, which resulted in my joining the club and having a coach drive home early.

During what amounted to a verbal assault and a borderline physical assault, this gigantic windbag screamed at me about playing pro ball and how that somehow makes him the supreme baseball voice on the diamond that day.

"I played pro ball! Did you play pro ball?"

I'm relatively sure that virtually all of us have had some coach make similar declarations while attempting to make us cave to them.

So, I looked the guy up, because I had to get his name for my incident report. I'm going to guard the blowhard's privacy by not including his full name, but here's a copy this expert's pro experience from the minor league database:

This guy has the least distinguished record of any guy I've ever looked up following boasts of pro experience! A single in 16 at bats. Some never played after bragging about it, so at least this guy made it for a few weeks. But for crying out loud, he shouldn't be throwing that out there after flaming out in the first month of rookie ball.