View Single Post
Old Tue May 19, 2009, 08:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTQ_Blue View Post

There was another issue late in the game that provided just the type of distraction that I didn't need.

As the game matured and the "underdog" visitor took a lead and then was tied, their pitcher began rushing. I could have called an IP for not simulating taking her signals after stepping on the plate, but quietly told F2 to go out and tell her to slow down. F2's attempts were only partially successful. So with every runner now being a potential winning run, I do not want to have an IP call be a factor in deciding the game. So I'm watching F1 on every pitch and if there appears to be any chance that she is going to deliver too quickly I hold up both hands and recite the count as slowly as I can speak; yea I'm giving the count on nearly every pitch. It did slow F1 down, but after the walkoff winning hit in the bottom of the 7th, I realized that the extra babysitting I did had taken up a lot of my mental energy. I was pretty spent walking off that field.
Couldn't you have called "no pitch" per 6-2-4b (OP lacks detail as to why/how you discerned that she wasn't simulating or taking the sign)...no penalty for that.
BTW I am assuming its FED (varsity game and all)
Sounds like you worked hard and did a good job. (if it was easy, EVERYONE would be doing it)