Thread: Rules Question
View Single Post
Old Tue May 19, 2009, 07:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnso8 View Post
I'm a little confused about what would happen in this situation. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

The bases are loaded with one out. Batter hits a dribbler back to the pitcher. Pitcher picks it up and throws to home for the force out (and out #2 in the inning). The catcher then throws it to first where the base umpire signals out (#3) immediately before the player that started on second crossed home plate. An appeal is made because the first baseman pulled her foot and the homeplate umpire overturns the third out. The umpire forces the girl (who started on second base) that was approximately 2 steps away from scoring back on third base. Is this correct?

I think the rules require that the girl starting on second would have had to already touch home plate before the third out was called but I don't know where it states that in any rules. Thanks for any help.
Sounds like it was a live ball appeal.... but you left out so much detail I cant tell. IF it was the run should have been allowed to score.
And there is no rule that if the runner had crossed home plate and the force was made at first that it counts... its quite the opposite.
We call em timing plays.