View Single Post
Old Mon May 18, 2009, 11:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald View Post
If the pitcher stepped on the plate, paused with the hands apart, and pitched, then leave it alone, ASA speaking and I believe Fed case book has similar play. If can't find reference (FED), will report back.

What proof are you going to provide your UIC that the pitcher did not appear to take a signal when she assumed the pitching position. Of course, if she walks through the p .. plate, that is another horse.
If I have to "prove" something to an UIC when it comes to a judgment call on something like this, there could be someone going to jail. If UIC wants to ding me on a rule, mechanics, whatever, that is fine. Our association UIC is great in this regard. Now, if you truly muck it up he will be in your grill -- but in a good way.

I know some UICs go out of their way sometimes to be "good guys" or whatever, only to do more harm than good. For instance, at a recent tournament the tourney UIC went out of his way to "warn" the pitcher that she needed to do something different out there in the circle. The opposing coach happened to be about three feet away in the 3B coaching box. He practically incited a riot which carried on all day.

If I'm PU and I have IP, I will fix it.