View Single Post
Old Thu May 14, 2009, 11:08am
Ref Ump Welsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp View Post
We have plenty of that to go around out here. There's a group of local players who all know each other and swap players between teams for different leagues and seasons. They can be some of the whiniest players around, because they think that because they grew up here that somehow, they're special. I've ejected a number of their players over the course of the last 9 years since I moved here. I know they don't like me much, but I don't really care. Every game, I get back in the saddle and call the best damn game I can.

They won't get me down. Period.
I have a whole league like that here. They all b***h and moan at just about every call they don't like, even the height of the pitches (slow-pitch using USSSA pitching rules, in an ASA league). They even flaunted the on-deck batter rule so bad, this year it became a point of emphasis for us to clean that up. Ended up ejecting one just as he was getting in the box for the first pitch of the season because he said it was a load of s**t that we were making up a new on-deck batter rule (while I was telling his teammates to get in the dugout) and that all the umpires in our town have been horrible for the past 20 years.