View Single Post
Old Thu May 14, 2009, 10:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
About nine years ago, I officiated in the AYBTour Boys' National Basketball Championships at Indiana University. During the double elimination portion of the tournament I had a boys' 16U game where a team was blown out by 35 points. I won't go into details but the HC received a TF from me in the first half. After the game he yelled at me that if I was scheduled to officiate his team's next game he would not play the game until I was removed. The tournament director (TD) was an idiot, but the HC didn't have the intestional fortitude to go to the TD with his threat.

Anyway, I looked at my schedule and sure enough later that day I was scheduled to officiate his team's next game. I took it upon myself to switch courts with another official so that I did not have to put up with the idiot HC. The HC never knew I was really supposed to officiate his team's second game that day. His team preceeded to get bounced out of the tournament by losing the game by 45 points.

Later that evening I saw him and his wife eating dinner in a local resturant. I know I behaved badly, but I couldn't help myself. I told him that I switched games because I didn't want to have to put him with his idiocy, and that if he had never made his threat about having me removed his team would have only lost by 35 points like in the first game instead of by 45 points.

MTD, Sr.
I think you acted badly on both ends. OTOH, if you didn't the first time, the second wouldn't have occurred.

JMHO