View Single Post
Old Wed May 13, 2009, 04:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaco54 View Post
Girls Rec. 12 year old division. Last inning, Home team at bat. 2 outs. I call strike 2 on batter who turns and says to me, "Come on Ump that was low and inside!." First reaction by me is, "Nothing." as I have never had a batter at this age say anything to me directly from the box. I call time, tell the young lady to follow me and I call her coach over and said to the coach, "First time any young batter has ever made a comment about a pitch to me and I would like her to tell you what she said." She repeats it and I say to the HC, could you please speak with her and take this as a warning.. She gets back in the box and next pitch is down the middle belt high and I call strike three, game over. After the game the mom of the batter came up to me and said that she will speak to her daughter and take care of it. She had that mom look as if she was upset with her daughter and let me know it will be done. My partner said he would have ejected her. This was a good game with no other issues at all and I was surprised by the comment since I was not expecting it. Felt I handled it correctly but was not sure if I was too easy. Comments or suggestions. Thanks in advance.

12U?
Rec ball?
I think ya done good.....

Although it would have been a good time to use one of those lines I never really use in a game. Something like...

"You got a choice. You can play or you can umpire"