View Single Post
Old Wed May 13, 2009, 10:37am
Stop staring at me swan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
Coach comes out on a close one and says, " you missed that!" I reply, your team has 4 erros in 3 innings and I didn't see you run out here to tell them that they missed those." Sarcasim is usually bad on the field, but that doesn't mean I sometimes don't use it.
Even if his team is kicking the ball around, I think he still has the right to come out and say that he thinks you missed it...it's different if he's blaming you for the outcome of the game, then you can point out the errors...but if you miss a call whether or not his team as 10 errors or zero errors, we shouldn't umpire any differently right? IMO, if we miss one, we can't illogically say, "well, your team is kicking the ball around and I don't hear you yelling at them..." while you might be right, overall, that approach isn't good coaching. If there defense is that bad, coach will let them know.

Don't get me wrong, I get what you're saying, but there's no logic there...in comparing defensive sucess to whether or not your call was correct.