Thread: Eject A Fan?
View Single Post
Old Fri May 08, 2009, 02:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbking View Post
Varsity double header last week. Parent sitting directly behind home plate and above me. He had a really good look at location of pitch with the contruction of the stands as they were. He was the father of the home team pitcher.

First pitch of the game is on the outside corner and I call a strike. He moans and says, "It is going to be a long night." It was his daughter pitching. When his team was up to bat in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd innings, he had something to say on every pitch. In the 3rd inning, I asked the catcher whose father it was, she said "It is precious's father, the pitcher." She followed immediately with, "I will take care of him." She got up and went to pick a foul ball on the next pitch and says, loud enough for everyone to hear, "We have heard you enough, go find a new seat and let precious pitch!"

We went to top row and precious started to pitch much better.

Now that is game management!
With a name like "Precious," I doubt many of us are surprised by this story.

Sadly, this isn't even the 5th "Precious" I've run across. I worked in a school district with at least a dozen or two of them, all spelled various ways (Precious, Preshus, Preshis, etc.).

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.