View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 15, 2002, 09:31am
Official Forum Member

Second game last night. Worked with an experienced official (15 years). His opinion was call the double foul if a double foul exists. We worked a big school (5A), JV Boys game, which was very fast and very physical. I talked to the players most of the night and watched the post play more carefully. Called pushes and holds, but never had to call the double.

At least in last night's game, there WERE things going on that could have precipitated a double foul, but I was able to call the first foul and better evaluate what was really going on.

One of the biggest differences was working with an experienced official. We had a pregame conference and at each quarter and timeout he gave me another couple of things to work on.

I have a girls tournament this weekend, so I am anxious to see how the theories apply there.

Mick, the double foul is reported and then the ball goes with the possession arrow. Correct?
Strange women, lying in ponds, distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. If I went around claiming I was an emperor just because some moistened bink lobbed a scimitar at me, they would put me away.
-Monty Python-