View Single Post
Old Wed May 06, 2009, 01:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCBear View Post
I know that in USAV play, we have allowed boys to play on a girls' team (boy under 12 playing on a girls' 14's team) because sometimes in the particular geographic area there are not any boys' teams for the kid to play on. Otherwise, it is strictly up to the league (in JH/MS) or the state association as to whether it is allowed.
most of the time it wouldn't be allowed but in volleyball, if the boy isn't that tall, and the girls are all taller than him, i say let him play, it's not like he's going to do much...i know if i played on my High school's vball team, i wouldn't do much, 15 of the 20 girls were taller than me, the other 5 were all within an inch of me (the only thing i had going for me was that I weighed about 2.5-3 times as much as each of the girls...), and all 20 of them were far more athletic than me, and had far better hand eye coordination than me and i had almost no vertical leap so yeah, i wouldn't get to play even if I had been allowed to...and our team was also one of the best in the nation, i think we ended up #2 or #3 in the country. I did get to be the team manager though and that was the year we won state, so that was cool...