View Single Post
Old Tue May 05, 2009, 11:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref Ump Welsch View Post
Using your advice, I guess I might as well as go against what my UIC encourages, because that's what he did in a game before that. I'm not willing to eject players over comments like that in a league like that, because the UIC doesn't have a backbone when the teams think I'm unfairly ejecting them over stuff that umpires in USSSA tournaments don't even blink an eye at. You have to consider the level of play sometimes, and the politics sometimes if you want to survive in some of these leagues.

By the way, there are no "coaches" on these men's slow-pitch teams, just managers who go up for the pre-game flip. So if I were to leave the coaching to the coaches, who do I go to? The captains who were at the pre-game meeting who are going to tell me to f**k off and when I eject them, walk up to my partner who's the UIC and get me removed from the field for doing that? That's something to be considered at this type of level.
The only thing to consider is why in the name of softball you would voluntarily take that treatment. If that is what you have to work with, you might want to consider taking up golf or work for someone else.