View Single Post
Old Mon May 04, 2009, 06:57pm
Official Forum Member

Perhaps it's just semantics, but as the WH I'm the one who ejects the player. As with any other foul call, you report what you have seen and I determine the appropriate enforcement. That is the job of the WH. It may be your call that causes the ejection, but the WH is the one who completes it.

Now then, different areas have different ideas on how the process works and I strongly suggest you look into what your association or what your crew chief wants done. Around here you will report to me what you saw. No matter how many years you have in, you will get questioned about it because an ejection is REALLY BIG and as a WH I want to confirm you are absolutely sure you saw what you saw. And we'll take our time about it because we don't want heat of the moment judgements to be made. This is the time to really think things thru. And once we decide that the ******* is gone, I go over to tell the coach the bad news and you come along as just in case he wants to hear from the covering official what you saw. And that's where our little talk thru helps you because you've had time to go over it and get it straight before someone who really is not going to be very happy with you wants and deserves some answers.