View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 30, 2009, 11:20pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
What you were thinking was not an appropriate thought to share with him. Just because something is the truth doesn't mean it is proper to be said.
We are just going to have to disagree this one. Because his entire point was that he was professional as to justify what he did or why he was talking to me about a play well before the inning was over. I have yet to see where it says it is professional just because you do not yell and scream as a coach. Actually the rules say we can eject coaches for simply questioning a judgment call. This was a judgment call and discussed immediately when it took place. And my partner said in the pre-game meeting, “If you have a question, call time and we will answer your question.” He knew where we stood and choose to make a scene that there was a problem.

And I feel that as an umpire I have the right to share my feelings when a coach is in the wrong. I would have had more respect for him if he would have argued at the time. At least I would know he had a problem with the call. But to come to me much later, was dirty pool in my opinion. And I have often shared my opinions with coaches when they have crossed a line. That is my right and I have never seen anything that suggests I cannot do that. Sorry, but we have a right to comment on their BS, even if it hurts their feelings.

Peace