View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 30, 2009, 04:27pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Umpire View Post
To me, this is appearing to be unapproachable. Thus, when they come out on a legitimate reason, they may not come out in a calm manner. They already have the impression that you will not be reasonable or will be a smart a$$ so why should they. This kind of attitude causes animosity towards you and all other umpires which follow. Now, none of us can have a good game b/c we have to wonder what the "jerk" umpire (as they will be referred to by the coach when he wants to tell us about him) has done to affect my game. And, if you think it doesn't affect the games to follow, you are sadly mistaken.

Again, I have no problem with them coming between innings. They are not holding up the game and are not making a scene. No one knows why they are out there. So, why do something which may trigger a scene? Simply answer the question and move on. No other remarks are warranted.
I disagree. If you got a question about a call come out and question it when it happens. Don't wait until between innings. I'm not discussing anything that happened earlier in the game. I see no good coming from this. If it's a legitimate question of course I'll answer it but if it involves a play generally speaking what's the point in rehashing it?

Keep one more thing in mind. If you believe them when they say good job blue than you gotta believe them when they say you're terrible.