Thread: Call at First
View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 30, 2009, 02:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badamk View Post
She in no way was attempting to overrun first base. Her intentions were clearly to stop on the bag. She placed one foot on the base and fell off it.
It doesn't make any difference what you think her intentions were. I'm assuming this was not Mary Lou Retton attempting a forward double with a 1 1/2 twist trying to nail the landing.

At not time is a BR is required to stop and remain on 1B. Really don't care what the deal is at 2nd & 3rd as that is irrelevant to a BR at 1st.

"Overrunning" is a generic term undefined by ASA or any other rule set of which I am aware. There are no requirements stating the BR MUST be on his/her feet before, after or while contacting 1B.

Quote:
I can see both ways. Obstruction could have been called but there was plenty of base to touch.
Say what?

Quote:
All the "you must be an idiot" type comments show your arrogance and unwarranted ego. Just give your opinion.
You received opinions (which are like...) and interpretations, but a few don't want to hear them because they don't agree. There are a lot of real ridiculous rules, but my opinion of them has no bearing on how I rule on the field.