View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 26, 2009, 10:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru_in_Blu View Post
Not that I legislate any rules, but I think it would be more consistent that both base umpires do the same thing on the field. So w/ bases empty, walk; w/ any runner(s), set. Having one walking and one setting might look a bit odd to an observer.

Ted
Sorry for my long silence, but I'm uh... on another continent right now. Specifically, South America, and more specifically, in Argentina. Yes, really. LOVE IT!

Personally, I don't like "walking the line." I just don't think it serves much purpose. If you need something prescribed to you like that to keep yourself in the game, then you need to rethink your umpiring goals.

However, with respect to the suggestion that it may look "odd" for one umpire to walk the line and another to not walk the line, I simply shrug my shoulders, as most spectators are never really watching the umpires anyway... except other umpires.

Okay, back to some awesome churrascos and empanadas. I think I've had beer with almost every meal since I got here. Pictures will follow on my personal website and on facebook.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.