View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 19, 2009, 10:17am
certified Hot Mom tester

Red face Saturday rec follies

The rec spring league I'm working is a real challenge. That's because they don't recognize any NF uniform rules (except "no jewelry"). We have kids playing with mis-matched jerseys, white T-shirts under dark jerseys, numbers only on the back, etc. One of the teams I had yesterday had two players with no numbers. They were wearing white and the only tape we had was white adhesive. We did put numbers on their jerseys with the tape but we could barely see them. Another team had a kid with a black T-shirt and we couldn't make him number zero because they had an actual number zero on the team. They also had a double zero. One team had a number 100! In one game we had one team with day-glo orange uniforms and the other team wearing bright purple. Oh yeah - they're not required to tuck their jerseys in, either.

These were all HS level games yesterday and I have lower level today (middle school). Same rules apply (or don't apply, depending on your semantics).

Here's the cool part, though. In one of the games yesterday, a kid hit 12 out of 14 three pointers! His team won 102-52. I was going to check the score sheet to see if his name was Diebler, but I figured that since he missed two of those shots, it couldn't have been.