View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 16, 2009, 03:58pm
Official Forum Member

Another pet peeve!!!

I have to believe this is a direct result of the BS some of these kids are taught in this game.

THROW THE BALL BACK TO THE PITCHER!

Every damn play with runners on third base, these kids run a rotation as if they MAY get an out one time out of every thousand attempts.

THROW THE BALL BACK TO THE PITCHER!!

Every damn pitch the catcher jumps up and cocks the arm like there is some serious threat.

THROW THE BALL BACK TO THE PITCHER!!!!

And they charge the runner EVEN IF THEY ARE STEPPING BACK ON THE BASE as if they are going to get a free out.

THROW THE BALL BACK TO THE PITCHER!!!!!!!!

I have no idea how anyone can call themself a coach if they permit (and some actually encourage) this inane act that has more chance of turning into a disaster than getting an out.

THROW THE BALL BACK TO THE PITCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, you have these parents and coaches that believe this is a very important and strategic element of the game and THEIR DAUGHTER gets that runner out almost every time. And, yes, we are supposed to be that stupid to believe it.

Is there any umpire who doesn't know that the best and safest play after a pitch with a runner on third is to THROW THE BALL BACK TO THE PITCHER?

Do you know what my daughter would do if she was catching with a runner on third?

She'd nail that ***** at third for an out