View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 16, 2009, 02:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by argodad View Post
NFHS.

Fifth inning of a 1-1 game. Bases loaded. Wild pitch. R1 scores, F2 throws wildly to F1 covering. R2 scores and R3 moves to 3B. F2 receives the ball near the plate and starts walking toward the circle. R3 moves down the line toward home. F2 stops and moves toward her. R3 retreats. For whatever reason, F2 still does not throw the ball to the pitcher in the circle, but walks toward the circle. R3 dances off third again, feinting towards home. F2 moves toward R3. Now both players are jawing at each other.

R3 retreats to 3B, F2 chases her. R3 is standing on 3B when F2 gets there and applies a hard two-handed tag. R3 shoves back and both players attempt to take a swing at each other while cooler heads separate the combatants.

Of course, both are ejected. Florida HSAA mandate up to six weeks for gross unsportsmanlike conduct. It appears that both players (both are seniors) are finished playing softball in HS.

Question: Would you kill this play when the two players start yelling at each other, or would you let it play out?
I don't know, Larry. Everytime I talk about killing the ball in a FP game, I get beat up even though those folks still have no idea why the ball needs to remain live.