View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 11, 2009, 09:24am
Official Forum Member

Be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SPORT View Post
Camron - I agree that my state has us register and provides liability insurance through NFHS. I believe NFHS insurance covers injuries while officiating which NASO insurance does not. NFHS insurance states they cover you while officiating high school, youth, college or rec ball of sports that your state association administers.

I have carried NASO insurance until this year but I am opting out and only going to order the magazine. I can get 2 years of the magazine for less than 1 year of insurance/magazine.

I do want to state that I think NASO is a great organization and there are other discounts that you receive by being a member which if you travel probably pay for most of the membership. I am opting out because of being insured through NFHS and not needing double coverage.
Great benefits including the insurance if you don't work high school, magazine, and travel discounts. I just saved $80 on a 2 night stay at Marriott with my NASO discount. Just paid for my membership. Plus materials are discounted. Also, it's required by some college supervisors.