View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 11, 2002, 11:29am
Do not give a damn!!

Wink Trust your partner

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bigwhistle

Nowhere did I say that calls should be made if they are not there. What I did say was that being consistent within the crew is necessary. Apparently you have no idea what that means. I will not waste my typing to explain it to you, since you have consistently shown an unwillingness to ever take positive criticism to anything said on this board and possibly apply it to your games. Now I do realize that you will make a very long post trying to justify how great things are in Illinois and that you hobnob with bigdogs.

[QUOTE]

If it is a travel, you call a travel? If it is out of bounds you call it out of bounds? So what you are telling me, is that if an official misses a travel, you go to the other end or do not call a travel if it took place under the rules? So I throw out the rulebook in order to be "consistent" with my partner? So I guess when my partner is totally wrong in making a call, I have to strive to be equally as wrong? Interesting, I have not heard that before.

Quote:
Originally posted by bigwhistle

It occurs to me that you are probably not listening to what the experienced officials you work with are saying. If you don't believe that consistency is a part of the good crew's game, so be it.
Considering that I am a veteran, I do not spend my time telling other veterans how to call the game and they certainly do not spend that kind of time an energy doing that with me. Not expected by our assignors at the college nor HS levels. Not expected by our fellow officials. If you cannot be consistent, you will not be there. Consistency starts with you. It is called trusting your partner.

Peace